We were constantly being asked for a bike for urban use that could also handle NZ Cycles Trails, and even tackle occasional mountain bike track. Not easy!
We already had a fair idea of what was required since we had 2 years experience renting eBikes on the Otago Rail Trail so we badgered Moustache to create us a bike that could handle all this.
Bless Emmanuel and his clever design team at Moustache for they created the Samedi Xroad. This has not only been our most successful eBike in NZ but has spun things around in Europe where traditionally they have been stuck on those skinny tyred 700c trekking bikes that are not so appropriate for NZ conditions.
So, for the Samedi 27 Xroad, Moustache took advantage of the potential of 27.5» wheels and Hutchinson Python tyres, which roll well but provide good comfort and traction thanks to their many small studs. Equipped with a mudguards, QL3-compatible luggage rack, kickstand and high-performance lighting, Samedi 27 Xroad has everything it needs for efficient everyday use.
Its frame, wheels, front suspension, gearbox and accessories are all suitable for mountain bike use, even on steep slopes. It is equipped with the efficient Bosch Active motor, 400 Wh battery. Its low energy consumption provide generous battery range perfect for big New Zealand cycle trail adventures like Alps2O .
- Frame – 6061 Alloy with T4 and T6 heating treatment – Variable thickness hydroformed tubes, Polished welds.
- Fork – Suntour NEX suspension fork – 63 mm travel
- Motor – BOSCH Active Cruise 250W – 35/50 Nm – Assistance from 40 to 250 % – 25 km/h – 1000 measurements/second – Compact
- Battery pack – BOSCH Li ION PowerPack 400 Performance – 36v 11.6Ah – 400Wh – Full charge in 3.5 hours – 2.4 kg – 60 % minimum residual capacity after 30,000 km
- Range – 80 to 180 km at 20 km/h on a flat road (for a 70kg rider) – 50 to 120 km with varied use, depending on mode chosen, wind, gradient, etc.
- Display – BOSCH Purion display – 5 modes (Eco, Tour, Sport, Turbo, Off) – Walk assist
- Drivetrain – Shimano Altus 9 speed 15×11/34
- Shifter – Shimano Rapidfire 9S
- Crankset – Alloy cranks – 15T motor cog (=37)
- Brakes – Shimano M315 hydraulic disc brakes, 180/160 diameter
- Hubs – Shimano – 32 T – Centerlock
- Rims – Alex MD21 27.5” – Double wall alloy – Reinforcement eyelets – 32 holes
- Tires – Hutchinson Python 27.5×2.10 – Micro-spikes for a better grip and ride
- Saddle – Selle Royal Wave ergonomic
- Seatpost – Alloy 27.2 x 350
- Handlebar – Moustache round and stem 60 mm – Alloy
- Lights – Low-consumption LED – High power – Front: Axa 30 lux / Rear: Pixéo – Powered by the main battery
- Lock –
- Kickstand – Alloy – Easy length adjustment – Mounted on chainstay for added stability
- Mudguards – Moustache alloy tubular – Super stable
- Rack – Alloy – QL3 mount, Ortlieb bag compatible
- Pedals – Alloy, wide plateform
- Guarantee – 5 years frame and fork – 2 years motor, battery (or 500 cycles) and accessories
- Size – S/41 (1.55 to 1.70 m) – M/47 (1.68 to 1.83 m) – L/53 (1.81 to 1.95 m) approximately
- Color – Petrol
- Option –
- Weight – 22,6 kg